Every parent is looking forward to the first tooth for the baby. Many on this path encounter some difficulties, but, no matter what, with the time the milk teeth with tiny pearls decorate the child’s smile.
Caries in children
Every parent is looking forward to the first tooth for the baby. Many on this path encounter some difficulties, but, no matter what, with the time the milk teeth with tiny pearls decorate the child’s smile. When on their surface moms and dads notice plaque or indelible specks, they do not rush to the dentist, because they believe that from 6-7 years old spoiled teeth will gradually change constants.
Effects of caries
Everything that happens with the milk teeth, affects the quality of the permanent. They are the foundation for them, because they play a huge role in the correct development of the jaw in the child. Treatment of caries in Odessa is a concern for the future of the baby. Why is it important to call a doctor in time:
- Untimely dental care can lead to tooth loss, which is bad for the development of the jaw and can contribute to the formation of an incorrect bite. This can manifest itself not only in the aesthetics of the face, but also in health. If the food is badly chewed, then problems with the gastrointestinal tract in the future are provided.
- If the temporary teeth are not treated, they will cause a persistent infection in the mouth. And this can promote the development of new ones and provoke an aggravation of already existing diseases.
- Around the diseased tooth, nearby tissues become inflamed, pulpitis may develop. The child is troubled by pain, he can not chew normally, and inflammation of the pulp can provoke premature tooth loss.
Caries in children must necessarily be treated, so that the permanent teeth are strong, and the bite is correct. Do this only in the children’s dentist. It is this specialist who is oriented in the structure of the child’s teeth, knows how to find an approach to small patients and professionally uses tools and a drill to perform all procedures as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Prophylaxis of caries
If the doctor should be engaged in treatment, the prevention of caries largely remains with the parents’ conscience. They should care for and monitor the child’s teeth, regardless of their number.
What parents should know:
- Even if a child has only one tooth cut, he needs care. After the baby ate, he should give him some clean water. Older children can be suggested to rinse your mouth. Care should be taken to select a paste and a brush. Now this task is not difficult, because each of them indicates the age for which they are suitable. The teeth are cleaned and the evening before bedtime. Do not trust this task to the kid, he can not concentrate all attention on this lesson, which should last at least 7-10 minutes.
- Proper nutrition. A child can have a snow-white smile only if his diet is balanced. Calcium and fluoride are the main ingredients of a healthy smile.
- Most often in babies 2-3 years, caries is observed on the front teeth. Parents do not always see it on their own and diagnose it on time. Therefore, every small patient should visit the dentist on a scheduled basis. The doctor will not only conduct an examination, clean the teeth of the plaque and prescribe treatment, but also tell the parents how to care for their teeth and what to look for.
Healthy teeth are the guarantee of the health of the baby. Only timely diagnostics will help in time to react to the problem and solve it as quickly and painlessly as possible. Prevention prevents the development of tooth decay, but does not relieve of regular visits to the doctor, at least 2 times a year.